Sunday, February 12, 2006

February 12, 2006: What does snow do?


My friend and former Floridian Tia was blogging the other day about good verbs for snow, and I've been thinking about that ever since! We've had all kinds of different snows going on here the past couple of days, and indeed, snow does all kinds of crazy stuff!

So, Tia, here are a few of my favorites. Some are self-explanatory, and some need a little elaboration:
Snow floats
Snow flurries
Snow gropples (this one we learned in Iowa. "Gropple" is that hard, pellet kind of snow.)
Snow spits (This was one of my father's favorite weather descriptions. "What's the weather like today, Dad?" Dad: "It's spitting snow.")
Snow drops (that's the big, wet snow)
Snow blankets (don't see much of that here in Tennessee, but we sure did in Iowa!)
Snow dances
And my new favorite that I heard in church today: "Well, Ah looked artside and I seed them chicken feathers spinnin' down and Ah didn't think Ah would make it this mornin'."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.