Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up

I think my weekly wrap-ups are pretty much interchangeable. We did most of our regular things; we didn't get around to a few things. We made a little progress here and there. We enjoyed each other; we bickered. We laughed; we rolled our eyes. We went on a field trip; we had our regular classes; we had our outside activities.

So this week, I'm going to focus on the thing I'm most happy about with each kid:
* Jesse: I'm happy about all the work he put into his music, described here on The Band Debuts. And on a character level, I'm amazed at his courage. He asked a girl to the prom and then had to ask her father. Egads! Where did he come up with such bravery?
* Laurel: She wrote a great persuasive essay this past week, and she volunteered to go in the first round of poster/speeches for our literature circle next week. That's a big thing for a shy girl!
* Duncan: His multiplication tables are coming along quite easily for him, and he pretty much never complains about his school work. He just does it.

Spring is teasing us. We are anxious to get outside, work in the flowerbeds, ride bikes, take walks, climb trees, go hiking. I think it will come in just the nick of time.

How was your week? Check out others at the Weekly Wrap-Up.

4 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of posting some of my son's writing on my blog. Might you consider sharing part of the persuasive essay with us? Ask your daughter if she'd be ok with it, of course. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a homeschool mom too...stopped by from FF. I will be back!

    justanightowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the "bragging" you did on your kiddos- I need to do this on my blog more often- it's so encouraging!

    (Oh, and I do believe that BOTH our field trip made the news in some capacity this week!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you via Friday Follow, even though it's Monday. :)

    I have considered homeschooling and am not sure what I will do yet.

    Follow me back at: http://jotgiveaways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.