Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Back in the Yard



I'm so excited to get back to my yard. All our Big Events are over now, and the flower beds are beckoning. I've got loads of pruning to do. I intended to get out first thing this morning, but a huge storm rolled in. I folded laundry instead, which is not nearly as gratifying as taking down a big branch.

Here's what happening this week in our flower beds, besides all the annuals:


Right now just a few black-eyed Susans and purple coneflowers are blooming; within a week, my main flower bed will be a mass of yellow and purple. The bee balm and a couple more varieties of lilies are due to burst in the next couple of days.

I've put my nine-year-old to work this year watering my flowerpots, and they are flourishing thus far. It's well worth the few dollars each week to have someone else be responsible for them!

What's happening in your yard this week?

4 comments:

  1. I love the coneflowers! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you're feeling! We had rain almost everyday for weeks and while my veggie garden is loving it, so are the weeds! Everything is lush and green, but we haven't even been able to cut the lawn for 2 weeks. We camped last week and it was sunny here at home. It's the first day home and I spent the morning trellising and weeding until it got so hot I couldn't stand it. I'll be back out after dinner when the temp is cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is looking pretty. I must agree that folding laundry and gardening just don't have the same flavor! :0)

    Good for you on subbing out some of the watering. :0)

    I'm sharing some wildlife that visits me if you'd like to take a peek.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I didn't have a chance to plant any flowers this year and now it's so hot out. That's ok though..there's always next year.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.