Saturday, December 4, 2010

More Christmas

I have my new Christmas header up. Today was one of those "If you give a mouse a cookie" kind of days. I started to look for Christmas photos, which of course made me nostalgic. While looking for specific Christmas photos, I came across a bunch of old photos. I had to post a couple of those to Facebook. Then that made me think of some other photos, so I had to go to the other computer and look through photos there. And post more to Facebook. That made me think of photos I need to scan, so I thought about getting out photo albums. BUT just in time, I got control of myself and managed to pick out a few photos and make a new header.

I make my headers on Picnik, which offers a lot for free but is totally worth the $25/year fee for premium membership. It's one of my few internet splurges. OK, actually, it's my only one. Like I said, I did spend quite a bit of time choosing the perfect photos. Here's why I picked these:
1. The first is our Christmas tree, which I love. Not this year's tree, but still. Also, there are pink lights on it, which makes me laugh.
2. That's Dr. H. and me, looking blissful at the Christmas tree farm. The reason we look blissful is because, well, we are. (Also, there's a good chance that he's squeezing my butt.)
3. Christmas sugar cookies—a very serious tradition in our house. A tradition that is not to be tampered with in any way, shape or form.
4. My three little sweeties. That little guy in the middle is Duncan, who will be 10 on Christmas day. Yes. He is the very best Christmas gift I have ever received, so don't even try to top me at a Christmas party. You can't, unless you've also given birth on Christmas day. That picture is actually on New Year's Eve because he was in the NICU for the first six days of his life. That is how precious that picture is to me. My little (OK, big, actually, as he was 10 lbs.) miracle came home that night, and our family was complete.

Yes. I do have a blessed, amazing life. And never once do I forget who is the Giver of all good gifts.

3 comments:

  1. So neat. Thanks for sharing your memories. I think I might just venture to picnik and try my hand at making a new header...maybe.
    I'm so excited for this time of year. I'm not sure why but this one seems extra special to me :)
    I absolutely love your last sentence. May we never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your husband gets "handsy" with you too...We always tell out kiddos when they gag after we kiss in front of them that they should be glad to have parents who still like to grope- er- kiss each other...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new header! Picnik is my favorite editing software. I haven't broken down and bought the premium upgrade yet but it's getting close. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.