Thursday, June 16, 2011

Back to My Life

Hi! My name is Sarah. This is my blog. This is my house. That boy on the couch over there is my younger son. Those dying plants on the mantle, shoes on the floor, dust on the endtables, and cat sleeping in the sun are all parts of my life.

Today, after weeks of massive planning and implementing a camp for 45 little girls, and after a night spent in a hotel rewarding 15 awesome teenage camp leaders, I am reclaiming my regular life. I am going to clean my house, listen to every rambling word my 10-year-old says to me, cook a nutritious meal, and put clean laundry away. I am going to visit my parents down the road and sit out on the patio with them, rather than just dropping off my son so I can go do camp.

I might even sit here and watch an episode of Scooby-Doo with my little guy and have another cup of coffee. Because today, I don't have to be anywhere else.

3 comments:

  1. We are going to be in Watkins Glen for a few days later this week, mostly to visit the state park. If I recall correctly, you lived in that area... anything else we must see?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one. I have comment moderation on, so your comment will take a little bit to appear.